Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Showering the baby...

So the baby shower is this weekend...

How did we get here so fast? How did you grow so big already?

Tomorrow night we go and see you again - this ultrasound is extra special because your big sisters are coming and they get to watch you moving around in there... it's a 4D one, so we'll see what you look like, your gorgeous little face, your adorable hands... your mama and I are already totally in love with you... you like to play at about 10pm every night - rolling and moving and kicking. You use your mama's bladder like a trampoline. We think you are very strong, big and bouncing and healthy like your mama and me. We spent the weekend away relaxing, and focusing on each other and on you. Your mama did yoga and we had long baths and read out chapters from the birth book.

This weekend all our family and friends who are looking forward to meeting you are going to be at our house for this baby shower... they will bring presents for you and your mama... they will make sure you know that you are soooo very loved before you even join us here on the outside... it will be noisy my sweetness so I hope you're ready...

You've been getting hiccups a lot - it's the nicest feeling for me... that rythmic beat, like your very own dance mix inside mama's belly... we have been talking to you lots... you and I have our own way of talking - i move you, and you kick me... you feel so real to us now. There's a huge list in my head of things that need doing in the next ten weeks and none of them are done yet...

"we'll get there" says your mama... she always makes me feel ok... I rub her poor tired feet every night... this has been an amazing ride for us both... we are so blessed already by you. Mama thinks you have a vortex that gets us everywhere on time - even when we leave a bit late we somehow manage to turn up... you are speeding up time for us and weeks are slipping away so fast... 30 weeks you've been with us now....

Your nana (mama's mama) is flying up from Melbourne for the baby shower... she will make us all good things to eat, and bring lot's of things to spoil you and your sisters... she is the essence of mother, and she teaches us so much every time she is here - and even when she's not here... we miss her lots... she is also sooo excited to meet you... I can't wait to show her the pictures of you that we get tomorrow.

I love you my little man - I know you know that already...

No comments:

Post a Comment